Bay Vet Group (Paignton) Ltd, the owner of webshop.vet, is a controller of your personal data. We respect your data and your privacy is important to us.
This Privacy Notice explains what personal data we collect and how it is used. This notice also explains what rights you have over your personal data and how you can use those rights.
You have the right to object to some of the processing which Bay Vet Group (Paignton) Ltd carries out. More information about your rights and how to exercise these is set out in the “Your rights” section of this notice.
Bay Vet Group (Paignton) Ltd registered office is Hospital Hill, Dawlish EX7 9NS.
- Summary of how we use your data and your rights
- Information we collect from you
- Information we receive from third parties
- How we use information and the legal basis
- Data sharing
- International transfers
- Cookies and similar technologies
- Data retention
- Your rights
- Contact details
We use your data to provide and improve our products and services, including for marketing, research, feedback and enquiries, and for safety and security purposes.
We will use your data to comply with laws and regulations. We may use your data to prevent and detect crime, such as fraud.
You have the right to object to some of the processing Bay Vet Group (Paignton) Ltd carries out. More information about your rights and how to exercise these is set out in the “Your rights” section of this notice.
When you give consent, you are able to withdraw that consent at any time, for instance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also email email@example.com to exercise any other data rights, such as obtaining a copy of your data, correcting, deleting or restricting how we use your data. Please see “Your rights” for more information.
You can unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time. To opt out of marketing, including profiling for direct marketing purposes, you can either adjust the preference settings in your webshop.vet account, or select “unsubscribe” in emails, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We collect information when you purchase something or use our services. This includes using our websites or corresponding with us.
- We keep information you give us directly such as contact details (including name, email, address and telephone number), comments, feedback, marketing opinions and competition entries.
- We record and analyse web visits, details of your purchases and where you take advantage of our promotions.
- If you engage with us online via our websites our cookies and similar technologies will capture your IP address, your location, and record how you use the site or app to help improve it and improve your user experience, where your browser settings or permission allows for this.
- If you post information online about us or provide feedback, we may keep a record.
- If you contact us directly, complain or give feedback, receive compensation, or enter a competition, we will record details and all related information such as emails, letters and phone calls.
We may receive your information from other people. This can happen when:
- Your veterinary practice requires us to assist them wth an enquiry you made with them about the webshop.
We are allowed to use your data only if we have a proper reason to do so such as:
- To fulfil a contract we have with you;
- When it is in our legitimate interest;
- When you consent to it; or
- To comply with the law.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your data. This involves us making an assessment of when we can rely on our legitimate interests.
We have set out below how and why we may use your personal information and the legal basis we rely on. This is also where we tell you what our legitimate interests are.
When you buy something from us we use your information to fulfil our contract with you.
We take information to communicate with you, check your identity, take payment, and provide products and services, including awarding loyalty points.
To run our business and pursue our legitimate interests, we use your information.
Our legitimate interests include keeping our records up to date, fulfilling our legal, compliance and contractual duties, working out which of our products and services may interest you, improving our website and services, developing new products and services, and telling you about them and conducting market research.
Further details of our legitimate interests:
To run and promote our business, we use your information:
- To provide and improve our products and services and to respond to you if you contact us.
- To record phone communications, including incoming and outgoing calls and emails, for staff training, quality improvement purposes and establishing facts.
- When we monitor our websites, social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter and online services and responses to email marketing. If you post comments online or in other media we may capture this information, contact you, and use it to improve our products and services.
- To run competitions and promotions and track which offers seem of interest to you.
- To understand you better as a customer by analysing your transactions and other information you provide to us or which we learn through your interactions with us.
- To send you emails including offers tailored to your perceived preferences where your preference settings permit this. We record which emails seem to be of interest to you.
- To contact you where you provide us with market research feedback or pass this data to a third-party business partner of ours for panel market research analysis.
To prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, including where we are required to do so by law we may:
- Monitor accounts, record phone communications and emails.
- Use other organisations to check the validity of the credit or debit card details you use to pay (for further details see “Data sharing” below).
To comply with law, assess and uphold legal or contractual rights and claims, and for monitoring, auditing and training on compliance matters:
- We monitor, and record phone communications, including incoming and outgoing calls and emails.
- We may verify your identity.
- We keep records to comply with health and safety legislation and logging accidents.
We may, if you give us consent
- Send you electronic marketing, including promotions and offers, in relation to our products and services. You can subscribe or unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time. For instance, preferences can be adjusted in account settings online.
- Use data for other purposes where we explain that purpose when we ask for your consent.
When you give consent, you are able to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us, for instance by emailing email@example.com. If you do so we can only continue to use your data if another legal basis applies, such as when we’re required to do something by law.
Nevertheless, you have an absolute right to opt-out of direct marketing, including profiling for direct marketing purposes, at any time. You can opt out of marketing by selecting “unsubscribe” in emails or by adjusting the preference settings on your webshop account or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
When the law requires us to process your data we will do so. This can include
- Legal, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes, including for government agencies and law enforcement.
- When you exercise your rights under data protection legislation, including when you ask to subscribe or unsubscribe from our marketing communications.
We use third party providers for the following services:
- Sending promotional offers
- Customer feedback surveys
- Loyalty scheme platform
- IT development, support, maintenance and hosting, including the provision of applications and website hosting
- Payments’ processing to enable you to pay by credit or debit card
If our business is to be integrated with another business or sold, your details would be shared with our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s advisers. Your information will be passed to the new owners and you would be notified.
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials for the prevention or detection of crime, if required by law or if required for a legal or contractual claim.
Sometimes we may need to send or store your data outside of the European Economic Area (the EU plus Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway) (‘EEA’). For example, to follow your instructions, comply with a legal duty or to work with or receive services from our service providers who we use to help run your accounts and our services.
If we do transfer information outside of the EEA, we will make sure that it is protected by using one of these safeguards:
- Transfer it to a non-EEA country with privacy laws that give the same protection as the EEA. Some countries have been deemed adequate by the EU.
- Put in place a contract with the recipient that means they must protect it to the same standards as the EEA or use other mechanisms and measures to achieve adequate protection. We also may use the Standard Contractual Clauses published by the EU.
- Transfer it to organisations that are part of Privacy Shield. This is a framework that sets privacy standards for data sent between the US and EU countries. It makes sure those standards are similar to what is used within the EEA.
We keep your data to enable us to fulfil our contract with you or to provide services, whilst you are an active user of our site, where required by law or to protect legal rights.
We always look to keep your data for the minimum time in line with data protection principles and our processes. For example, we keep:
- Records of payment information in line with tax law and audit requirements.
- Customer feedback and correspondence with our customer services teams for up to 4 years afterwards, depending on the nature of the interaction and any applicable law, such as health and safety. This enables us to respond to any questions or complaints.
- Information to maintain records according to rules that apply to us.
If you unsubscribe from marketing communications we keep a record of this request indefinitely to ensure we do not send you direct marketing again.
We may keep your data for longer if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons.
You have rights over your personal data.
- ask for a copy of your information;
- ask for information to be corrected;
- ask for information to be erased or deleted;
- ask for us to limit or restrict processing;
- object to us processing your data, in particular where we use the data for direct marketing, including profiling for direct marketing purposes. The right to object does not apply if we must process the data to meet a contractual or legal requirement;
- ask us to send you a copy in a structured digital format or ask for us to send it to another party.
Some rights, however, may be limited. We may be obliged by law or regulation to keep information. We must respect other people’s privacy as well, which means we may need to redact or remove information where it includes personal data about someone else, even if it is connected to your data. On occasion there may be a compelling legitimate interest to keep processing data.
If you want a copy of your data, to object to how we use your data, or ask us to delete it or restrict how we use it or, please see ‘Contact details’ below. To process a request from you, we may need to confirm your identity to ensure we’re accessing the right data.
You have a right to complain to an EU data protection authority. This can be where you live, work or where the matter occurred. In the UK, the authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (the “ICO”).
To exercise any of your rights or to withdraw consent you can email: email@example.com
To discuss or change your account details, including preference settings, you can log into ‘My Account’ and go to (account details) and Contact Preferences or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For any queries relating to data protection please contact email@example.com or by writing to them at Privacy Officer,
If we make any changes or updates to this notice we will communicate these.
All veterinary practices that offer this webshop are seperate businesses. They are all committed to protecting your privacy but, just to be clear, each practice is an independent business and is responsible for the operation of its own stores and compliance with data protection laws.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
|ow_cookie_notice||Stops cookie message from showing.|
|__atuvc||Add ths social share links|
|__atuvs||Add ths social share links|
|__uvc||Add ths social share links|
|__xtc||Add ths social share links|
|__ouid||Add ths social share links|
|__di2||Add ths social share links|
|__uid||Add ths social share links|
|__vc||Add ths social share links|
|__loc||Add ths social share links|
|__mus||Add ths social share links|
|cookieAlertClosedFlag||Cookie Alert Status